In conjunction with the 34th Annual Midwestern Bankruptcy Institute & Professional Development Workshop on October 16, the IWIRC-Midwest Network hosted a dinner to celebrate several female judges at Lidia’s Restaurant in Kansas City. Thirty-five women attended this festive inaugural event for the Midwest Network, including these honored judges:
• Judge Janice Karlin- Kansas
• Judge Anita Shodeen- Southern District of Iowa
• Judge Hannah Blumenstiel- Northern District of California
• Judge Lee Jackwig- Southern District of Iowa
• Judge Cynthia Norton- Western District of Missouri
• Judge Kathy Surratt-States- Eastern District of Missouri
The event drew members from various cities throughout the Midwest Network – Kansas City, Missouri; Overland Park, Kansas; St. Louis, Missouri and Sioux Falls, Iowa. In addition, the Midwest Network was thrilled to have members from the Florida, Georgia and Southern California Networks join the party.
Lisa Epps, Spencer Fane partner, founder and co-chair of IWIRC-Midwest Network, was instrumental in making the event a success. Such a good time was had by all that the Midwest Network is already planning how to capitalize on this successful event in 2015!