This program has been approved for 15 Business (formerly Strategic) re-certification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR re-certification through the HR Certification Institute. Please be sure to note the program ID number on your re-certification application form. For more information about certification or re-certification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. This program is also being submitted to SHRM for certification credit under the new SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certifications.
Taking Your Development to the Next Level
As a human resource professional, you face a wide array of business challenges—and no one understands them more than your fellow HR colleagues. To help you tackle your role strategically, Spencer Fane and Austin Peters invite you to join our yearlong HR peer group, where you will meet monthly with other HR professionals to explore how you can make a more significant contribution to your organization. The meetings take place at Spencer Fane in a confidential environment, allowing participants to freely discuss how to connect HR and business strategies to help their organizations develop a competitive advantage. This program will be most beneficial to professionals with at least 5+ years of HR experience.
What past participants have said about the value of the program:
“Making the connection with other HR professionals has been good when issues arise. All the DOL issues we are dealing with have caused challenges for us and it is good to be able to talk with someone who has gone through similar situations already.”
“The interaction with other HR professionals and the real life situations that are brought to the table to discuss. In addition, having a network of HR Professionals at our disposal to bounce ideas off of and seek advice is fabulous!”
“Knowing our strengths and opportunities will make us more successful in our roles within the company. In addition, I have learned that other HR Professionals are going through similar situations, and it is helpful to be able to take key points from their experiences to apply to our own company.”
“I’ve enjoyed our group and I have learned a lot in our sessions and materials. I would highly recommend this experience to other HR professionals.”
Joining Spencer Fane and Austin Peter’s HR Peer Group will help you:
- Focus on your unique issues. Participants are encouraged to bring current business challenges to each session and work with peers to solve them.
- Develop competencies that can improve your personal performance and the success of your business.
- Educate yourself in strategic, up-to-date HR thinking to attract and retain the most qualified talent.
- Better understand what HR professionals must do to add greater value to their businesses.
You will receive:
- Monthly two-hour working sessions facilitated by Spencer Fane Labor and Employment attorneys Dave Wing and Sue Willman and Austin Peters President Rebecca Crowder
- A resource kit with textbook, topics, worksheets, articles, issues presented and resolved, and HR tips and tools
- Access to other group members to help you with day-to-day strategic issues
The cost for the program is $975 and includes 15 hours of business credit (formerly strategic credit) for the SPHR, PHR or other recertification, materials, continental breakfast, and parking. Sessions will take place from 7:30 AM – 9:30 AM on the last Thursday of the month beginning on February 26, 2015. The group size is limited. Peer Group Session location: Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP, 1000 Walnut St., Suite 1400, Kansas City, MO 64106.