Robert Browning joined Spencer Fane in January 2008 as a Partner in the Employee Benefits Group. Rob received his juris doctor at the University of Houston Law Center where he was Associate Editor of the Houston Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif and Order of the Barons. Before receiving his law degree, Rob was an optometrist and an associate professor at the University of Houston College of Optometry for more than 10 years.
Prior to joining Spencer Fane, Rob was a Shareholder in the Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Group at Polsinelli Shalton Flanigan Suelthaus PC in Kansas City, Missouri. Prior to 1999, Rob was Senior Counsel in the Law Division of The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company (VALIC) in Houston, Texas. He began his legal career in 1990 with the law firm of Liddell, Sapp, Zively, Hill & LaBoon in Houston, Texas.
Publications and Presentations
- Contributing Author, 403(b) Answer Book, Panel Publishers (2008)
- Author, “Deferred Compensation for Dummies: The Section 409A Compliance Clock is Ticking,” Journal of the Kansas Bar Association (October, 2008).
- Presenter, Employee Benefits Institute, Workshop on Section 403(b) Final Regulations (2008)
- Presenter, Profit Sharing Council of America, National Conference (2007)
- Presenter, Employee Benefits Institute, Workshop on COBRA (2006)
- American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA)
- Employee Benefits Institute of Kansas City, Missouri (EBI), Steering Committee
- Kansas City Compensation & Benefits Association (KCCBA)
- The Best Lawyers in America® – 2010-2020
- The Best Lawyers in America® Lawyer of the Year (2018), Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
Contact Rob Browning at 816.292.8375 or email@example.com.