Reed Williams assists healthcare clients with a wide range of corporate, transactional, and regulatory issues. Reed works closely with hospitals, health systems, physician practices, home health & hospice providers, and other healthcare organizations to help them achieve their operational goals and strategic objectives. Reed has extensive experience with mergers & acquisitions, corporate restructuring, private equity investments, and related corporate transactions. He also serves as outside general counsel for healthcare clients, regularly negotiating and drafting employment agreements, professional service agreements, affiliation agreements, and management agreements.
Reed regularly counsels his clients on the complex regulatory issues facing healthcare providers, including fraud and abuse (Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statue), HIPAA, and False Claims Act compliance. He has drafted Stark Law self-disclosures and assisted clients with meeting their obligations to the OIG under Corporate Integrity Agreements.
In addition to his work in the healthcare field, Reed represents businesses in a variety of industries, providing guidance on entity formation, corporate governance, and contracting.
Highlights of Reed’s experience include:
- Managed the acquisition and regulatory integration of $750+ million dollars of home health and hospice assets nationwide
- Represented health system purchaser in largest hospital acquisition in Kansas City
- Counseled 15+ physician groups to achieve clinical integration and strategic alignment with local pediatric hospital
- Formed Accountable Care Organization consisting of 20+ independent community health centers
Presentations and Publications
- “Nuances of a Healthcare Deal” – Spencer Fane Healthcare 2020 Symposium
- “Building a HIPAA Toolbox,” Healthcare Business Monthly, January 2015
- Pharmacy Transition Manual, Kansas Independent Pharmacy Service Corporation, October 2014
- “Accounts Receivable”, Medical Revenue Solutions Lunch ‘n Learn, November 20, 2014
- “Development of HIPAA-Compliant Corporate Policies,” Missouri Council for In-Home Services, September 15, 2014
- “HIPAA: Compliance in the Era of Data Breach,” Topeka Medical Managers, March 27, 2014
- American Bar Association
- American Health Law Association
- Greater Kansas City Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- Kansas Association of Hospital Attorneys
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Missouri Hospital Association
Contact Reed Williams at 913.327.5164 or email@example.com.