Megan Treseder represents insurance carriers in complex commercial actions involving bad faith and coverage claims, using a broad understanding of insurance policies and litigation tactics gained from years of representing carriers and, earlier in her career, policyholders. She specializes in analyzing coverage under a broad array of policy types, which she employs to her clients’ advantage during both coverage adjustment and litigation.
Megan has also set herself apart through her ability to gain a thorough and detailed knowledge of the facts and documents in her cases. She uses this to her client’s benefit in pivotal depositions and court hearings.
Megan earned her Juris Doctor from Duke University School of Law, where she represented foster children as a guardian ad litem and served in executive positions on two journals.
Highlights of Megan’s experience include:
- Represents national insurance companies in high-exposure bad faith cases.
- Obtained favorable settlement of bad faith action after asserting counterclaims due to the insured’s concealment of critical prior claim information.
- Successfully settled multiple cases, each with millions of dollars in exposure, for small fractions of the demanded amount.
- Obtained dismissal of claims against primary carrier of plumbing contractor which was added as a third-party defendant in case involving allegations of construction defects to private home.
- Obtained settlement within policy limits of bad faith failure to settle action against primary carrier after runaway jury award that was double the policy limits.
- Represented primary carrier of electrical contractor against additional insured claims arising from construction site accident.
- Represented excess carrier in pursuing bad faith claims against primary carrier for excess judgment resulting from failure to settle airborne collision case.
Contact Megan Treseder at 303.839.3769 or firstname.lastname@example.org.