Elayna M. Fiene handles commercial disputes with a focus on successfully representing insurers in complex insurance coverage and extra-contractual litigation. She regularly drafts dispositive motions, develops creative and comprehensive discovery strategies, and takes key depositions related to these matters.
Elayna also handles appeals, as well as product liability and construction defect matters. She was a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Carmen E. Garza of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico. Prior to law school, Elayna served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in South Africa, helping to increase the capacity of community-based health care organizations.
Highlights of Elayna’s experience include:
- Represents national insurance companies in high-exposure bad faith cases in Colorado.
- Won complete affirmance in the Tenth Circuit of summary judgment in favor of an insurance company resulting in dismissal of breach of contract and bad faith claims.
- Successfully settled multiple cases with exposure in the hundreds of millions of dollars, including some on a “walk-away” basis.
- Obtained favorable settlement of bad faith claims on the eve of trial for an international insurance company related to a denial of coverage on a construction policy.
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2022
Contact Elayna Fiene at 303.839.3759 or email@example.com.