DJ Pierre is a litigator, helping clients navigate the litigation process in and outside the courtroom. DJ joined the firm after working in high volume courtroom settings as a public interest attorney and prosecutor, and he has worked diligently throughout his career to put clients in the best position possible to make the most highly informed decisions.
DJ also assists on a variety of government relations matters, particularly navigating the byzantine maze of state and local bureaucracies to achieve results for his clients. He helps clients on issues ranging from regulatory compliance to seeking legislative or administrative action from government. DJ’s experience within the public sector throughout Kansas City enables clients to receive timely guidance and action from state and local institutions.
Highlights of DJ’s experience include:
- Conducted over forty different trials over his career, guiding multiple clients and witnesses through the judicial process from the start to finish of a case.
- Winning the rare Jackson County summary judgment on a breach of contract case involving his client’s contractor.
- Successfully negotiating a city ordinance amendment and administrative action on behalf of a client targeted by a predatory industry.
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Co-author, “Development Incentives in the Time of COVID-19,” Ingram’s, November 2020
- Presenter, “Government Investigation Webinar: COVID-19 – Potential (and/or) current enforcement and investigation actions,” April 2020
- Nonprofit Leadership, The Next Generation (Support KC 2014 Excellence in Nonprofit Leadership Awards)
- Mayor’s Citizen Task Force on Violence, Member, 2015 – April 2017
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA) Young Lawyers’ Section, Board of Directors, 2016 – 2019
- Environmental Management Commission, Commissioner, 2015 – Present
- Central City Economic Development Sales Tax, Chair, Board of Directors, 2019 – Present
- Newhouse Shelter, Vice President, Board of Directors, 2015 – Present
- Committee for County Progress, Past President Board of Directors, 2014 – Present
- Literacy Kansas City, President, Board of Directors, 2012 – Present
- Reconciliation Services, Board of Directors, 2011 – 2015
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Jackson County Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Bar Leadership Academy, Graduate, May 2012
Contact DJ Pierre at 816.292.2551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.