Spencer Fane restructuring lawyers have helped clients resolve issues in a wide range of industries, and have backgrounds in banking, corporate finance, real estate and litigation. This breadth of experience allows us to address problems with an interdisciplinary approach to best meet the needs of our clients.
Examples of how we have helped clients include:
- Reorganized one of the Midwest’s largest suppliers of storage containers and trailers in a contested Chapter 11 plan confirmation hearing, resulting in an interest rate reduction of approximately 2.5%.
- Represented multi-billion dollar insurance client in enforcement of non-compete agreement against former agent soliciting hundreds of high-value clients by obtaining a temporary restraining order in less than one week and a preliminary injunction in less than one month.
- Routinely represent buyers and sellers of multi-million dollar companies (construction, manufacturing, technology, retail and distribution), both through stock and asset sales, inside and outside of the Chapter 11 bankruptcy process.
- Successfully guided secured lender to a single-asset real estate debtor through the Chapter 11 process, including defeating plan confirmation, obtaining dismissal and, ultimately, taking control of the property.
- Represented the liquidating agent for a multi-million dollar loan portfolio held by a foreign banking institution, which included the liquidation of more than 40 properties of various types and in various stages of completion throughout the United States, most of which had a variety of access, title, construction, lien and similar issues that required resolution prior to sale.
- Represented a Chapter 7 trustee in litigation to pierce multiple private trusts, resulting in settlement and a $20 million recovery for the bankruptcy estate.
- Represented the liquidating agent of a large portfolio of defaulted commercial loans administered under a confirmed Chapter 11 plan.
- Counseled and defended banks, other financial institutions, executives, principals, and investors in relation to fiduciary duty and lender and investor liability litigation and related insurance coverage matters.
- Represented Official Committees of Unsecured Creditors in several multi-billion dollar energy-related bankruptcy cases.
- Represented plaintiffs and defendants in investigation, prosecution and defense of fraudulent transfer, fraud, turnover, preference actions and pursuit of asset non-disclosures and non-dischargeability claims.