Employee handbooks often include a wide variety of HR policies. From a legal perspective, however, the following policies are considered “core” policies, and it is a “best practice” for an employer to have them. In some cases, they are required by applicable federal and/or state law.
- At Will Employment and Contract Disclaimer
- Equal Employment Opportunity (Non-Discrimination)
- Disability Accommodation
- Paid Time Off Benefits (Sick Days, Vacation, PTO)
- Attendance and Leaves of Absence
- Substance Abuse (Drugs and Alcohol)
- Use of Electronic Systems and Devices
- Social Media
- Employee Conduct and Discipline
If you have any questions or need assistance drafting or revising HR Policies, please contact Sue Willman.