On February 12, 2013, Bill Brady, Drew Brought, and Kate Whitby, with the Environmental Law Practice Group of Spencer Fane Britt and Browne LLP, hosted a 60-minute complimentary Webinar and guided participants through the latest Clean Water Act developments and clean water initiatives to allow participants to:
- Identify trends in recent civil enforcement matters, including sweeping settlements with municipalities imposing significant monetary fines and requiring massive infrastructure upgrades to aging sewer systems;
- Recognize the type of conduct that criminal prosecutors are targeting for criminal penalties, including “negligent” acts under the Clean Water Act;
- Learn about stormwater permitting developments, including a new emphasis on effluent guidelines, turbidity limits, and flow in stormwater permits;
- Discover the EPA’s focus on discharges from confined animal feeding operations (CAFOs) and agency efforts to curtail those releases;
- Develop an understanding of the critical role of water usage in hydraulic fracturing and energy production operations; and
- Become knowledgeable on the debate involving potential impacts from fracking to groundwater resources and the status of regulatory efforts to control or limit fracking.