Russ Dykstra represents governmental and private sector clients in the areas of project finance, special districts, governmental authorities, regional infrastructure project development, public private partnerships (PPP), transportation, and real estate development.
His practice includes project financing and bond issuance, construction contracting, design build contracts, governmental contracting, operational aspects of special districts and infrastructure operations, elections, statutory compliance, budgeting, and finance matters, including TABOR compliance. Russ represents many special districts in Colorado in the formation and ongoing operation phases. Russ has acted as transaction counsel on several large public private partnerships and has extensive experience negotiating and drafting concession leases, financing, and appurtenant documents involving international corporations and financiers and continues to serve as concessionaire operational counsel for the projects.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 1999 (J.D.), Judge Clifford Darrow Scholar
- University of South Dakota, 1996 (B.S.), with Honors
- Colorado, 1999
- Best Lawyers in America, Municipal Law, 2023-2024
- National Council on Public Private Partnerships
- Colorado Bar Associations
- Denver Bar Associations
- Colorado Homebuilders Association
- Colorado Springs Homebuilders Association