Michael J. (Mike) Warner leads the firm’s Texas Governmental Affairs group. He brings more than 25 years of consultative experience working with municipalities and local, state, and federal government officials and, uniquely, he has been deeply involved in work for members of both political parties, positioning him to be a resource to a diverse client base for a variety of legislative issues.
Most recently, Mike served as a Principal in Warner Seale Public Affairs, working with policymakers, industry experts, professional associations, and political leaders in the pursuit of positive legislative change for his clients in multiple states and at the federal level.
Mike’s work involves consistently leveraging knowledge of the political process along with building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders. This includes crafting policies at all levels of government on a number of issues including the protection of natural resources, combating insurance fraud, affordable housing, and a variety of business issues.
In addition, Mike spent time working for several legislators, a member of Congress and a former Governor of Texas He was also involved in numerous state and federal campaigns and has extensively traveled to give talks on American politics in the European Union and to business groups in the People’s Republic of China, and he has worked as a columnist for the EU Reporter, a European newspaper located in Brussels, Belgium, writing about U.S. politics.
Locally, Mike is a past chair of the Water and Wastewater Commission for the City of Austin, formerly a commissioner on the Electric Utility Commission for the City of Austin, and a former board member of American Gateways.
Mike received his Bachelor’s Degree in Government from the University of Texas at Austin and his law degree at Thurgood Marshall School of Law at Texas Southern University.
- Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law, 2016 (J.D.)
- The University of Texas at Austin, 2007 (B.A.)
- American Gateways, Board of Directors, Former Member
- Electric Utility Commission, Former Member
- City of Austin, Water and Wastewater Commission, Former Chairman
- City of Austin, Water Conservation Task Force, Former Member
- Front Steps, Board of Directors, Former Member
- Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic, Board of Directors, Former Member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas, Board of Directors, Former Member
- U.S. political advisor to Secretary General of an association of chocolate manufacturers in Africa and the European Union, 2006