Knight Lancaster utilizes a unique skillset to evaluate circumstances, plan for a desired outcome, and execute the plan for clients in handling all types of corporate and business transactions, all while furthering the overall objectives of the business during the process.
His prior experience as a practicing CPA and credit analyst for a financial institution positions him well to understand and communicate with clients, their CPA firm, and financial advisors.
His practice is focused on:
- Mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions
- Leveraged buy-out and change in control transactions
- Private placement offerings of equity and debt
- Multi-entity organizational structure planning for federal and state tax purposes and operational efficiency
- Advising closely held businesses across a variety of exit strategies (private equity, ESOPs, strategic and financial buyers, and outright sales to current management)
- Belmont University College of Law, 2019 (J.D.)
- Belmont University, 2019 (M.B.A.)
- University of Tennessee, 2015 (B.S.)
- Tennessee, 2019
- Assisted clients in the decision and on appropriate terms to acquire or sell a business in the professional services, manufacturing, freight, and financial services industries.
- Assisted clients in transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, stock and debt issuances and investments, strategic alliances, and joint ventures.
- Drafted all manner of contracts necessary to operate a successful business, such as operation agreements, service agreements, license agreements, terms and conditions, and employment agreements.
- Assisted clients in forming or unwinding businesses, practices, and management relationships, and resolving a variety of operation issues.
- Young Leaders Council, Board of Directors
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2023-2024
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants, Committee: Continuing Professional Education, 2020-present