Dennis Lueck is a complex problem solver who combines robust compliance experience with a proven litigation track record to help clients in the financial services industry in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Dennis has spent the majority of his career working with banks and other lending, investing, and loan servicing institutions assisting with a broad array of novel issues. Dennis has extensive experience litigating individual, class, and mass consumer claims arising under federal laws such as the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Truth in Lending Act, and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, as well as state fair lending, collection, and unfair or deceptive trade practice laws. Dennis has tried more than 30 civil cases to verdict on numerous subjects in state, federal, and ADR courts. He also audits, develops, and enhances processes within applicable regulatory and compliance frameworks, while counseling clients on responses to regulatory inquiries and litigation avoidance.
While in law school, Dennis worked as a Research Assistant to Professor Anne-Bowen Poulin, Teaching Assistant to Professor Christine Mooney, and was the Managing Editor for the Villanova Law Review.
Highlights of Dennis’s experience include:
- Received significant sanction award for client where the plaintiffs had fabricated and destroyed evidence.
- Secured summary judgment on issue of first impression relating to interpretation of standard form language in client’s loan documents.
- Obtained appellate court reversal of order denying motion to compel arbitration with implications for client’s standard form arbitration agreements used for thousands of loans.
- Revised client’s internal form documents and procedures relating to execution of notarized documents.
- Analyzed and assessed client’s processes and procedures in response to inquiry from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
- Assisted client with response to senatorial subpoena.
- Conducted lookback review for bank with more than 10,000 loans focusing on default fees and loss mitigation.
Presentations and Publications
- Co-Author, “SCOTUS Decides Federal Debt is not Exempted from TCPA, While FCC Autodialer Declaration Further Alters TCPA Landscape,” Consumer Crossroads (July 9, 2020)
- Co-Author, “CCPA Litigation Has Arrived And COVID-19 Will Not Delay Enforcement,” Consumer Crossroads (April 6, 2020)
- Co-Author, “Governors of California and New York Announce Enhanced Consumer Protection Agendas for 2020,” Consumer Crossroads (January 29, 2020)
- Instructor, “The Ins and Outs of Arbitration,” CLE Course, Chicago, IL (December 11, 2019)
- Co-Author, “Fifth Circuit Rules For-Profit Student Loans Are Dischargeable Without Proof of: Undue Borrower Hardship,” Consumer Crossroads (November 19, 2019)
- Co-Author, “Emerging Trend: Another Federal Court Finds That Predictive Dialers Fall Outside the TCPA’s Definition of an ATDS,” Consumer Crossroads (August 19, 2019)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US)
- American Bar Association
- Consumer Financial Services
- Conference on Consumer Finance Law
- Mortgage Bankers Association
Contact Dennis Lueck at 303.839.3733 or firstname.lastname@example.org.