Administers the performance of systems, both software and hardware, that are used by Spencer Fane attorneys and staff to service both internal and external clients. These systems include collaboration and coordination programs such as extranets, file-sharing portals. Administers systems that house data as it resides internally, including document management systems, service management systems, intranets, internal portals, and databases. Coordinates cross-training throughout the IT department related to systems administration. Ensures client expectations are met or exceeded. Works directly with attorneys and staff to help coordinate the collaboration, sharing, and dissemination of data to clients during attorney onboarding, client onboarding, as well as off boarding. Backs up Network Administration staff and Service Desk staff when required.
- Oversees requests, incidents, changes, and problems related to Spencer Fane’s data and the systems that manage that data. Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues. Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents related to Spencer Fane’s systems that store, use, and manage information in transit and at rest. Systems Administrators are a tier of support typically between the Help Desk team and the Network & Server Administration team.
- Acts as a liaison for all Spencer Fane attorneys in the coordination and training of Spencer Fane systems that can be used for client engagements, including extranets, FTP sites, email and other correspondence, as well as trains Spencer Fane attorneys in the use of these systems when appropriate.
- Acts as a liaison for all Spencer Fane staff in the coordination of Spencer Fane systems used by attorneys to serve clients both internally and externally.
- Works with the IT Director in securing the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Spencer Fane’s data.
- Coordinates outside parties (vendors, consultants, courts, and peer law firms) in the development, use, and support of Spencer Fane’s systems that store, use, and manage Spencer Fane’s data.
- Works with the Service Desk Manager to develop a solutions repository and ensure top quality solutions are available to the staff.
- Is an active partner in helping champion world class IT.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regularly participates in the evening and weekend on-call rotation (about every 6-7 weeks)
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- ITIL Foundation Certification preferred
- Technical certifications in database administration preferred
- Outstanding client service and communication skills
- Creative and adaptable
- Proficient in PC and Peripheral hardware support
- Proficient in software support including OS and applications
- Desire to do great things both IT related and not IT related that help the organization
- Position is generally sedentary in nature; involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Ability to work in an environment that at times is noisy and busy without much privacy.
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift up to 10 lbs. required.
- Ability to talk and hear required.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk required.
- Ability to reach, lift, climb, balance, stoop and crouch required.
- Ability to see and read PC screens; detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of employees.