The Staff Accountant is a non-exempt, full-time position. This position works directly under the supervision of the Accounting Manager. The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining financial reports, records, general ledgers, preparing and analyzing budgets and performing general bookkeeping. The ideal candidate will possess superb organization and analytical skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, adapt quickly to meeting deadlines and regularly exercise independent judgment.
- Create and review monthly financial statements
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries
- Assist in the completion of month-end duties and year-end close
- Manage timely and accurate preparation of monthly analysis and reconciliation of all assigned balance sheet accounts
- Update lease information for Spencer Fane offices within lease software
- Review expense coding for errors and prepare corresponding correcting journal entries
- Create and maintain employee and attorney records in Elite Enterprise
- Assist with Chrome River expense type mapping
- Research and report trends within Spencer Fane credit card processing software
- Prepare financial data and schedules for the annual budget
- Provide insight for current and future process improvements
- Support and partake in internal and external audits
- Adhere to Spencer Fane internal control policies
- Maintain Spencer Fane documents
- Ad-hoc reporting and projects
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounting required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in finance, accounting, or a related degree required
- Experience in law firm or corporate legal department setting preferred.
- Experience working with Elite Enterprise preferred
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to organize, prioritize and plan work while simultaneously managing several projects and meeting deadlines
- The ability to produce accurate reports while working in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent organizational abilities, strong analytical and problem solving skills, and proactive business style required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office required, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Position is generally sedentary in nature; involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift up to 10 lbs. required.
- Ability to talk and hear required.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required.
- Ability to reach, lift, climb, balance, stoop and crouch required.
- Ability to see and read PC screens; detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.