This position provides general office service support, including delivering internal mail, filing, making photocopies, scanning, processing of outgoing mail and overnight deliveries, and making local deliveries as requested. The Runner position is an outstanding opportunity for students interested in law school to work in a legal environment with one of the premier regional law firms in the area.
The individual will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment comprised of lawyers and legal support staff. The position requires professionalism, excellent organizational skills, handling a multitude of tasks simultaneously, independent thinking and self-direction, the ability to work well with people, and determination to get the job done.
- Process, sort, and deliver mail, and prepare mail and packages for shipment.
- Maintain mailroom supply inventory, organize and maintain the mailroom, and ensure mailroom and file room are organized and accessible.
- Operate mailroom equipment, such as postage meters, mail sorting machines, scanners, mail sealers, envelope openers, fold-and-insert machines, and labeling machines.
- Assist the File Room to create and maintain client files and indexes. Perform routine filing and retrieve files as needed. Save electronic documents and communication to document management system using proper, standard naming conventions.
- Ensure the office is sanitized, disinfected and organized to provide a safe and professional appearance.
- Provide backup support at the receptionist desk by welcoming and attending to clients and guests, promptly and courteously answering the phone, and booking conference rooms.
- Use personal vehicle to deliver and pick-up packages.
- Other tasks as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a professional office setting preferred.
- Strong organizational and clerical skills, basic computer skills and familiarity with the postal system required.
- Outstanding professionalism a must.
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills required.
- Current driver’s license in good standing and personal vehicle required.
- Position is generally sedentary in nature; involves sitting most of the time, but may involve the need for inter-office mobility for brief periods of time
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift up to 10 – 20 lbs
- Ability to efficiently communicate
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required
- Ability to see and read PC screens, detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Our current COVID-19 precaution(s)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Significant work from home support