The Records Clerk assists in processing incoming information and sorts, codes and classifies material for integration into systems, including the data entry of inactive records. This role also retrieves / references information for customers and runs computer searches and indexes to provide status of information.
- Files various media.
- Prepares additional new sub-files within the file classification plan.
- Retrieves and routes requested files or filing.
- Maintains accurate checkout system.
- Inputs inactive records data.
- Creates and maintains electronic and imaged records.
- Interfaces with co-workers and other staff members for the purpose of exchanging information.
- Fills in at the reception desk.
- Provides Office Services support to the office as requested by the Office Administrator.
- Performs other duties as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications / Skills
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience required, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Strong computer skills required, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, general database systems and technology in general.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product.
- Position is light work in nature; physical demands are in excess of those of sedentary work and requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. required.
- Ability to talk and hear required.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk required.
- Ability to reach, lift, climb, balance, stoop and crouch required.
- Ability to see and read PC screens; detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print required.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.