|Our current COVID-19 precaution(s):|
This position is responsible for providing paralegal support to multiple attorneys for our Corporate Practice Group. It requires a confident and professional individual with good organizational skills and writing ability. Spencer Fane offers an excellent benefits package and an opportunity to work in a challenging and collaborative environment.
*Only local candidates will be considered for this position
- Communicate professionally, productively, and efficiently with clients, contacts, attorneys, other paralegals, all other Firm workers, and all others.
- Assist in drafting and revising merger and acquisition transaction documents, purchase and sale transaction documents, disclosure schedules, formation documents, governing documents, assignments, bills of sale, securities offering documents, other written agreements, meeting notices, meeting minutes, and corporate resolutions.
- Organize and administer document signings, diligence efforts, pre-closing, and transaction closings.
- Research statutes, rules, orders, and other public records and perform other review and compilation work to assist in research and transactional diligence.
- Create, structure, maintain, upload to, and download from so-called virtual data rooms.
- Handle business entity formations including LLPs, corporations, and partnerships.
- File organizing/incorporating documents, amending documents, periodic report documents, fictitious name registrations and renewals of same, notices of winding-up, notices of termination, and other documents for filing with state government officials (such as Secretaries of State or Corporations Divisions).
- Create and maintain minute books.
- Maintain corporate records and stock ledgers for business entities.
- Prepare audit letters and annual reports.
- Perform UCC searches and filings.
- Use the Firm’s software tool(s) to monitor critical business entity maintenance deadlines and to update corporate records.
- Handle file organization and maintenance.
- Track and record time to ensure services provided are appropriately charged.
- As directed or as necessary/desirable, lead or participate in meetings and phone calls using remote participation technology (such as, without limitation, Zoom, Bluejeans, et cetera).
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Undergraduate degree and/or paralegal certificate required.
- 3-5 years of corporate experience in a law firm or in-house legal department preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate projects and cases for more than one attorney simultaneously.
- Must cope successfully with demands from attorneys and remain calm under pressure.
- Willingness to work long hours when needed.
- Must conduct all business in a confidential manner.
- Significant proficiency required in Microsoft Office Suite, (including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel Adobe Acrobat (.pdf), remote participation technology (such as Zoom), virtual data room platforms, electronic signature technology (such as DocuSign), and collaboration technology.
- Position is generally sedentary in nature; involves sitting most of the time, but may involve the need for inter-office mobility for brief periods of time
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift up to 10 – 20 lbs
- Ability to efficiently communicate
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required
- Ability to see and read PC screens, detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.