The Paralegal Assistant position is a non-exempt, full time position. This position is responsible for proactively providing direct billable and administrative support to the attorneys and paralegals primarily in the Intellectual Property practice group. The individual will be working in a dynamic environment that requires excellent organization, handling a multitude of tasks simultaneously, independent thinking and self-direction, the ability to work well with people, and determination to get the job done.
- Interacts with clients and firm staff at all levels in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Maintains accurate filing and organizational systems of both paper and electronic files with the highest regard for ease of use and timely retrieval of documents.
- Process all incoming emails and requests for intellectual property team.
- Communicates and interfaces professionally with staff, attorneys, clients, and opposing counsel.
- Provides general administrative support, which includes monthly billing and invoicing.
- Quickly transcribes documents for review.
- Communicate with firm staff on various intellectual property matters including patents, trademarks and copyrights.
- Prepares correspondence to clients, foreign associates, and outside vendors.
- Proactively manages busy calendars, prioritizing meeting requests with internal and external groups.
- Contributes to the overall team effort by working with all members and levels of the firm.
- Independently uses sound judgment and initiative to develop project timelines, and then successfully executes against established deadlines.
- Tracks and records time in Intapp to ensure services provided are appropriately charged.
- Generate tracking lists and spreadsheets as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 3-5 years’ administrative experience in the legal field.
- Paralegal certificate or undergraduate degree preferred.
- Execution-oriented, self-starter, and self-navigator who can prioritize tasks and balance the demands of multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent organizational abilities, strong analytical and problem solving skills, and proactive business style.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Typing speed of 60 wpm.
- Position is generally sedentary in nature; involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift up 10 – 20 lbs. required.
- Ability to talk and hear required.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk required.
- Ability to reach, lift, climb, balance, stoop and crouch required.
- Ability to see and read PC screens, detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print.
Please send resume to email@example.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.