This position is responsible for litigation case management. The individual will be working in a dynamic environment that requires excellent organization, handling a multitude of tasks simultaneously, independent thinking and self-direction, the ability to work well with people, and determination to get the job done. Spencer Fane offers an excellent benefits package and an opportunity to work in a challenging and collaborative environment.
- Assist with the preparation of legal documents, including discovery requests/responses, deposition notices, subpoenas, motions, and other pleadings.
- Research background information related to legal issues.
- Gather and organize electronic records and files, including medical records.
- Investigate case facts.
- Preparation of medical and other factual chronologies.
- Analyze data from a variety of sources.
- Coordinate e-discovery including review and identification of responsive documents for production to
opposing party, as well as, review and categorization of documents provided in response to discovery
- Communicate effectively and professionally with courts, clients, and opposing counsel when needed.
- Maintain case calendars.
- E-file court documents.
- Assist with trial preparation and provide trial site support.
- Track and record time in InTapp to ensure services provided are appropriately charged.
- Additional administrative responsibilities as needed from time to time, including assistance with billing issues.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Undergraduate degree and/or paralegal certificate required (or other relevant experience).
- 3-5 years of litigation experience in a law firm or in-house legal department preferred.
- Knowledge of firm’s docketing software (Docket Administrator) and electronic document review tool (Relativity) helpful, but not required, as the firm will provide appropriate training.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate projects and cases for more than one attorney simultaneously.
- Must cope successfully with demands from attorneys and remain calm under pressure.
- Willingness to work long hours when needed, including overtime as required by client demands.
- Must conduct all business in a confidential manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and proactive business style essential.
- Position is generally sedentary in nature; involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift up 10 – 20 lbs. required.
- Ability to talk and hear required.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk required.
- Ability to reach, lift, climb, balance, stoop and crouch required.
- Ability to see and read PC screens, detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print.
Please send resume to email@example.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Our current COVID-19 precaution(s)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Significant work from home support