The Legal Administrative Assistant position is a non-exempt, full-time position. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to multiple attorneys and timekeepers in various practice areas of law. It requires a confident, proactive professional with solid administrative experience. The ideal candidate will possess superb organizational skills, the ability to handle a multitude of tasks simultaneously, adapt quickly to meet deadlines and regularly exercise independent judgment.
*only local candidates will be considered
- Coordinates incoming and outgoing electronic communications (including WebEx, telephone, e-mail and fax). Delivers exceptional client service both internally and externally in a professional manner with discretion and confidentiality.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and prepares itineraries. Schedules meetings and arranges for conference rooms and meals.
- Proactively manages busy calendars, prioritizing meeting requests with internal and external groups.
- Tracks and reports CLE hours for assigned attorneys.
- Prepares documents and is responsible for typing/transcribing legal documents accurately and within requested timeframes, prioritizing work among assignments and meeting specific deadlines on projects. Prepares and e-files documents as required.
- Drafts, prepares, and processes a variety of court and legal documents including but not limited to notices, entry of appearances, motions, and discovery responses.
- Maintains paper and electronic files. Creates and maintains client files and indexes. Performs routine filing and retrieves files as needed. Saves electronic documents and communication to document management system using proper, standard naming conventions. Maintains chronological files and administrative files for assigned attorneys.
- Prepares daily time entry for Partners and other attorneys, as approved by management and submits in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with Accounting to ensure accuracy in billing pursuant to client requirements; performs prebill edits, completes expense reimbursements in a timely manner, prepares invoices for payment as requested by timekeepers.
- Provides event planning and coordination support as needed.
- Proactively demonstrates effective teamwork and provides assistance to other LAAs as time permits. Works cooperatively with other departments and individuals in the firm.
- Independently uses sound judgment and initiative to develop project timelines. Anticipates the business needs of the assigned timekeepers; plans ahead and meets deadlines.
- Interacts with staff at all levels in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 5+ years prior experience as an administrative assistant required.
- Experience in law firm or corporate legal department preferred. Experience in litigation and/or labor and employment practice areas is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent organizational abilities, strong analytical and problem solving skills, and proactive business style required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office preferred, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Typing speed of 60 wpm preferred.
- Position is generally sedentary in nature; involves sitting most of the time, but may involve the need for inter-office mobility for brief periods of time
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift up to 10 – 20 lbs
- Ability to efficiently communicate
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required
- Ability to see and read PC screens, detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print
Please send resume to email@example.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
OUR CURRENT COVID-19 PRECAUTION(S)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Significant work from home support