Spencer Fane has an immediate opening in our Denver office for a Labor & Employment associate with 1-3 years of experience. Candidates should have experience with a broad range of employment issues including workplace discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage and hour disputes. Litigation experience should include researching and drafting memoranda, drafting pleadings, discovery, and motions. Experience with traditional labor issues, including unfair labor practices under the National Labor Relations Act and disputes relating to collective bargaining agreements is also a plus. Other responsibilities will include drafting workplace policies, conducting employee trainings, and counseling public and private employers on day-to-day employment issues. Candidates must be detail-oriented and should possess a solid work ethic. Excellent writing, communication, and legal research skills are required.
The below qualifications are required:
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school with an excellent academic record
- Admission to Colorado bar
- Ability to interface directly with attorneys and clients
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently and productively
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving and organization skills
- Outstanding judgment
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects
- Ability to develop and implement legal strategies
- Admission to other state bars, particularly California, is a plus, but not required.
Benefits include: Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Parental Leave, Group Life, and Disability
Compensation: $125,000 – $140,000, commensurate with experience
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Our current COVID-19 precaution(s)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Significant work from home support