The IT Operations Manager is accountable for defining and delivering network and server services across the enterprise. The IT Operations Manager is a key leader within the IT team and is responsible for managing a team of Network and Server Administrators using agreed upon measurements. The role is responsible for managing network, server, and technical administrator teams, as well as servers, network resources, and related systems. The IT Operations Manager will counsel the IT Department’s leadership, firm business unit leaders, and the Firm at large on risks related to information and technology while ensuring and managing the integrity, availability, and confidentiality of the Firm’s digital assets.
- Manage upgrades, migrations, and projects for the firm’s systems, servers, and network.
- Establish, execute, and maintain SLA-based operations requirements for IT systems, including the network, servers, and systems using measurements
- Establish appropriate service level agreements and ensure KPIs are met. Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to business leaders, department managers, and others ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed.
- Help determine capital investment parameters, priorities and risks for network and server related IT initiatives to maximize the return on investment.
- Execute on the IT Director’s vision, strategy, and a roadmap, and lead the IT Operations team and IT partners in effective implementation.
- Assist in preparation of IT operational budgets that meet prevailing objectives and constraints.
- Build strong relationships with IT teams and develop a detailed understanding of their issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Foster a culture of innovation, transparency and accountability in IT.
- Promote a “Firm-first” mentality at all levels of the IT organization.
- Manage escalated incident response to IT Operations and IT Security issues.
- Manage the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the computing infrastructure that supports the company’s operations and business applications.
- Maintain oversight of all IT Operations projects, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and reported.
- Act as a counterpart to Information Security personnel
- Lead the design and implementation of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Design, lead, and execute on IT Operations projects involving new locations.
- Establish and enforce IT Operations policies, processes, portfolio management, development standards and methodologies.
- Review, recommend, and oversee industry developments in IT Operations and coordinate with vendors and managed service agreements for computing, telecommunications, IT services, and equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- College degree in Business, Information Technology, or related area preferred. Industry experience in leadership roles can supplement academic tenure.
- Technical certifications in Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Computing, Server Administration, Network Administration, Virtualized Environments, Information Security, and Information Technology Governance (ITIL) preferred.
- Two or more years’ experience in an IT leadership role with a proven track-record of growing roles and responsibilities.
- Strategic planning and execution experience for information technology Operations team that supports business objectives.
- Able to work collaboratively with diverse leaders, communicate an IT vision and strategy across all levels of the organization, and build consensus around key initiatives and projects.
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written; able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire and motivate a high performing IT Operations team that values transparency and accountability.
- Excellent negotiating skills with internal customers and external service providers.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can handle the unexpected with flexibility.
- A team player with proven ability to build trust with others through a commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- A tenacious drive and passion about achieving the goals of the IT department, Firm, all in the interest of serving the Firm’s clients
- This position is generally sedentary in nature, movement throughout the area is required from time to time. This is a noisy and busy environment without much privacy.
- Ability to have continuous communication with co-workers and supervisors is essential.
- Repetitive movements, occasional lifting of up to 10 pounds, reaching, lifting, stooping and the ability to read a computer screen, detect color coding and read fine print will be expected
- Ability to travel, at times extensively
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of employees.