Spencer Fane has an opening in our Phoenix office for an Intellectual Property attorney with 3-5 years of experience. Applicants should be registered to practice before the USPTO and preferably have at least two years of patent prosecution and patent drafting experience, or equivalent experience as a USPTO Patent Examiner. Position involves primarily drafting and prosecuting patent applications in the software, telecommunications, medical, and mechanical arts. A good understanding of trademark preparation and prosecution is also desired. This position provides opportunities for increasing levels of responsibility and movement into other areas of our IP practice. Candidates must have strong technical writing skills and must be capable of maintaining a demanding workload. Successful candidates will be self-starters and will be able to manage their time between multiple matters while producing high quality work on a consistent basis.
The below qualifications are required:
- Juris Doctorate degree from accredited law school with excellent academic credentials
- Admission to the Arizona state bar
- Admission to the USPTO
- Ability to interface directly with Partners and clients
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving, and organization skills
- Outstanding judgment
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.