The HR Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level. Will handle all aspects of leave of absence (both FMLA and non-FMLA) and paid time off including both process development and compliance. The HR Generalist will oversee compliance with multi-state Workers Compensation policies. They will manage all aspects of disability and group life benefits, including renewals, carrier oversight, and enrollments.
- Coordinate leave of absence requests for staff and attorneys to include but not limited to: FMLA, parental leave, short term disability, state-mandated leaves
- Coordinate ADA requests for staff and attorneys
- Assist with disability claim filing and provide necessary information to carriers
- Coordinate with the HR Manager on employee relation or performance issues
- Provide direction and participate in audits conducted by state or federal agencies
- Ensure all appropriate steps are taken to meet accommodation of disability requirements
- Handle all communications with employees and managers with respect to leaves and return to work activities
- Coordinate with facilities department and managers regarding employee safety and emergency response
- Serve as payroll backup for our Payroll Administrator
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- 5 years of relevant experience required
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills required
- Knowledge of state and federal employment law including HR technical knowledge of EEO, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, and worker’s compensation, investigation processes, compensation practices, and benefit programs required
- HR Certification preferred
- Experience with ADP preferred
- High degree of flexibility, organization, and self-motivation
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Multi-state organization experience a plus but not required
- Ability to travel (up to 10%)
- Position is generally sedentary in nature; involves sitting most of the time, but may involve the need for inter-office mobility for brief periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift up to 10 – 20 lbs. of boxes, files or marketing materials required.
- Ability to efficiently communicate.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required.
- Ability to see and read PC screens, detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.