The Financial Systems Administrator will help champion Firm excellence by being responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of Spencer Fane’s data as it resides on, flows from, and flows to Aderant, the Firm’s financial systems infrastructure. The Financial Systems Administrator will work with peers and external partners to design, manage, administer, and protect financial systems and the flow of data within Spencer Fane. The Financial Systems Administrator is expected to have a strong technical aptitude/rapport and ability to convey technical content in a clear, concise manner, using appropriate language appropriate for the audience while understanding and processing technical information with ease.
- Maintains internal financial system including but not limited to Aderant 8.2.2 and Elite Enterprise 3.9
- Works with internal resources to establish financial systems requirements, liaising with IT Database Administrator and Systems Administration staff
- Works with outside partners and vendors on data integration projects
- Creates and maintains data flow charts, reports, and models
- Assists in the creation and management of business continuity planning related to the financial systems infrastructure
- Trains and educates relevant internal resources on financial systems design
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge of financial systems by attending educational workshops and training resources
- Participates in tactical and strategic planning sessions with Accounting and IT personnel
- Supports financial systems functions by designing and coding in SQL and other related financial systems languages
- Creates, produces, and manages financial systems queries
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 2+ years in-depth experience as a financial systems analyst or database administrator for Aderant
- 2+ years’ experience Aderant required
- 2+ years’ experience with Elite preferred
- Previous legal experience preferred
- Education in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other technical field, or combination of relevant experience and certifications preferred (OCP, SAP, MTA: Database Fundamentals, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong financial systems design and development skills
- Financial systems content design, troubleshooting, tuning and performance enhancements
- Experience with cloud platforms or Azure solutions preferred
- A good understanding of software version control systems
- SQL code review
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to adjust to rapid changes in deadlines and priorities
- Ability to balance multiple high priority projects
- Experience with software development cycles
- Strong leadership qualities
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial systems best practices and administration methodology
- Keyboarding skills and familiarity with computer software and network systems
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel to include modeling for financial analysis
- Knowledge of document management systems, WebView and e-Time preferred
- Ability to prioritize workflow and organize diverse material
- Ability to perform effectively with moderate supervision and within established time limits and on-going deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to develop strong working rapport with others.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment, including the ability to meet flexible time demands
- Position generally involves walking or standing for significant periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift 20 to 40 lbs. required.
- Ability to talk and hear required.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk required.
- Ability to reach, lift, climb, balance, stoop and crouch required.
- Ability to see and read PC screens; detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print.
- Travel requirements: approximately 20% travel (estimated).
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.