This position is responsible for supporting the Event & Communication Specialist, the Marketing and Business Development team, and attorneys firm-wide with the planning, execution, and measurement of client-facing events. This individual will also partner with the firm’s Client Development Managers and the Event & Communication Specialist to develop and execute practice and office marketing plans, especially projects related to the firm’s involvement in industry associations, chambers of commerce, and local community organizations. The successful candidate will possess strong organizational and project management skills, be a creative and proactive problem solver, and enjoy an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
- Partner with attorneys firm-wide and the Marketing and Business Development team to plan, execute, and measure client-facing events, including: development of event concepts; coordination and review of event materials; development of invitation lists to ensure targeted inclusion of priority relationships; development and distribution of invitations; and on-site support during events
- Partner with various members of the Marketing and Business Development team to measure the impact of firm events and provide data-driven recommendations to practice leaders and office managing partners that will improve the efficacy of future events
- Coordinate the firm’s sponsorship programs to maximize the benefit of its involvement with various professional organizations and trade associations across its footprint.
- Manage relationships with various professional organizations for event promotion and other speaking opportunities.
- Work alongside the Event and Communications Specialist to manage the evolving event calendar and distribution of certain events firm wide.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Approximately two years of experience in an event planning, marketing, or business development position
- Experience within a professional services firm is a plus
- Stellar project management and organizational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A relationship builder who is attentive to the smallest of details, consistent in execution, and able to problem solve in the moment
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required
- Familiarity with eCommunications and CRM technology (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics, Act-On, Concep Send, Vuture, Constant Contact, etc.) a plus
- This position requires occasional travel to other Spencer Fane offices (expect to travel around 15% of your time)
- Position generally involves walking or standing for significant periods of time
- Ability to follow and analyze a budget
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift 30 to 50 lbs. required
- Ability to talk and hear required
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required
- Ability to sit, stand and walk required
- Ability to reach, lift, climb, balance, stoop and crouch required
- Ability to see and read PC screens; detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Our current COVID-19 precaution(s)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Significant work from home support