This position is responsible for proactively providing direct support to attorneys and paralegals in our Environmental practice group. The individual will be working in a dynamic environment that requires excellent analytical skills, organization, handling a multitude of tasks simultaneously, independent thinking and self-direction, the ability to work well with people, and determination to get the job done. Spencer Fane offers an excellent benefits package and an opportunity to work in a challenging and collaborative environment.
- Interacts with clients, government agencies, and firm staff at all levels in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Maintains accurate filing and organizational systems of both paper and electronic files with the highest regard for ease of use and timely retrieval of documents
- Performs research on various topics, ranging from public records searches to internet research regarding specific issues to legal research
- Assists with document reviews and productions – this includes reviewing and analyzing potential documents for responsiveness to discovery requests and subpoenas and privilege, organizing relevant documents, coordinating production with vendors, and manipulating electronic production databases
- Assists attorneys in preparing for meetings, conferences, or other various tasks by performing research, drafting presentations, and compiling materials for attorney review
- Independently uses sound judgment and initiative to develop project timelines, and then successfully executes against established deadlines
- Sets up and maintains online document repositories for use by clients, consultants, and others
- Track and record time in Intapp to ensure services provided are appropriately charged
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Undergraduate degree required
- Candidates with an interest in attending law school are preferred
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate projects and cases for more than one attorney simultaneously
- Must cope successfully with demands from attorneys and remain calm under pressure
- Willingness to work long hours when needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and proactive business style essential.
- Position is generally sedentary in nature; involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift up 10 – 20 lbs. required
- Ability to talk and hear required
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required
- Ability to sit, stand and walk required
- Ability to reach, lift, climb, balance, stoop and crouch required
- Ability to see and read PC screens, detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.