Kansas City based law firm Spencer Fane LLP is seeking an experienced, professional Collections Specialist. The successful candidate will possess strong relationship management skills, excellent attention to detail, timely follow through abilities, and outstanding work ethic. As the Collections Specialist, the selected candidate will own the Collections process, working with the CFO and Partners within the firm.
- Monitor accounts on a daily basis to identify outstanding account receivables.
- Investigate historical data for debts and bills.
- Facilitate write‐offs and ensure they are processed.
- Prepare and send reminder statements to clients.
- Conduct AR meetings with attorneys.
- Help enforce the firm’s collection policy.
- Assist with the preparation of collection reports for month end closing.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management.
- Contact clients and attorneys daily regarding collection issues.
- Ensure all collection activity is recorded accurately and timely.
- Address complex client issues in a timely manner until they are fully resolved.
- Communicate effectively with clients, attorneys, and accounting team.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 3‐5 year’s experience working in collections required
- Strong customer service experience required
- Effective communication, problem solving, and analytical skills required
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Familiarity with Elite or Aderant collections software preferred
- High school diploma; Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree is a plus
Please send resume to email@example.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.