This position reports to the Accounting Manager and will facilitate all aspects of cash reconciliation and controls for the firm. This role will work closely with Accounting team members to handle tasks related to money management, maintaining records of cash applications, and account reconciliation. This position will also review and drive improvements in cash management while ensuring financial obligations are met in accordance with firm policies and procedures. This is an important role that requires accuracy, attention to detail, and a curiosity about the firm and industry.
- Prepare daily cash reconciliation
- Daily bank reconciliation of operating accounts
- Daily bank reconciliation of trust accounts
- Reconcile all deposit accounts
- Manages aspects of trust accounting. This includes but is not limited to corresponding with state IOLTA programs, reaching out to members of Accounting to fix trust transactional errors, and ensuring firm is compliant with trust accounting guidelines/practices
- Monthly credit card analysis and assist in corporate card reconciliation
- Identify and drive process improvements
- Maintain integrity and accuracy in financial transactions and reports
- Assist in bank account administration with firm banking institutions as applicable.
- Manage firm unclaimed property – escheat to the State
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline preferred
- 3+ years law firm experience required
- 3+ years of previous Accounts Receivable/Cash Application/ OR Collections experience required
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail required
- Intermediate to Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required
- 1-3 years experience using Elite Enterprise or Aderant preferred
- 1-3 years of previous banking experience preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- This position is generally sedentary in nature, movement throughout the area is required from time to time.
- Ability to have continuous communication with co-workers and supervisors is essential.
- Repetitive movements, occasional lifting of up to 10 pounds, reaching, lifting, stooping and the ability to read a computer screen, detect color coding and read fine print will be expected.
- Ability to travel, at times extensively.
Please send resume to email@example.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of employees.