The Cash Applications Specialist will be responsible for cash application functions. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills, and strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- The timely and accurate posting of accounts receivable payments on a daily basis. Payments include lockbox checks, manual checks, wires, ACH, credit cards, and internal transfers
- Process Credit Card Payments
- Reallocation of unallocated funds
- Resolve issues related to unidentified payments
- Process client refunds related to duplicate or overpayments
- Complete approved write-off requests
- Answer inquiries about cash applications for attorneys and clients
- Work parallel with the collections team to insure accurate client ledgers
- Performs additional duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of accounts receivable experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Great organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be reliable and self-motivated and possess the ability to meet deadlines and produce quality work at all times
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- This position is generally sedentary in nature, movement throughout the area is required from time to time
- Continuous communication with co-workers and supervisors is essential
- Repetitive movements, occasional lifting of up to 10 pounds, reaching, lifting, stooping
- Ability to read a computer screen, detect color coding and read fine print will be expected
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of employees.