|Our current COVID-19 precaution(s):|
The Billing Specialist is responsible for the processing of client invoices, customer service of internal and external clients. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills, and strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Generate attorney edited changes on monthly Proformas/pre-bills for multiple offices
- Maintain extreme awareness of special billing instructions and rate exceptions
- Apply invoice discounts as they apply
- Process WIP write/downs with appropriate approvals
- Apply unallocated funds with attorney direction
- Apply trust funds with attorney direction
- Responsible for assisting attorneys and legal support staff with internal/external client requests
- Performs other duties as assigned within the Accounting Department
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related area of business preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of legal billing experience preferred
- Experience with Elite Enterprise, Aderant 8.2 and Thomson Elite eBILLINGHUB software preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize heavy work load to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal skills in order to provide professional, efficient customer service functions
- Ability to grasp new concepts in a timely manner and teach them to others as needed
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- This position is generally sedentary in nature; movement throughout the area is required from time to time.
- Continuous communication with co-workers and supervisors is essential.
- Repetitive movements, occasional lifting of up to 10 pounds, reaching, lifting, stooping and the ability to read a computer screen, detect color coding and read fine print will be expected.
Please send resume to email@example.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of employees.