The Attorney Learning & Development Coordinator position is a non-exempt, full-time position. This position is responsible for supporting continuing education and professional development for attorneys in all Spencer Fane offices. It requires a confident, proactive professional with experience supporting client service professionals. The ideal candidate will possess superb organizational skills, the ability to handle a multitude of tasks simultaneously, adapt quickly to meet deadlines and regularly exercise independent judgment and keep confidences.
- Coordinate attorney Continuing Legal Education (CLE) compliance
- Partner with Marketing and Practice Group Leaders (PGL) to assess and fulfill needs for internal and external CLE events
- Collaborate with outside vendors to establish and coordinate training opportunities
- Prepare necessary CLE, HRCI, SHRM applications and paperwork for all internal and external programs
- Track and record attendance for programs; distribute attendance certificates following event
- Maintain online learning and compliance tools, including establish attorney accounts upon hire, ensuring individual attorney compliance, and overseeing year-end reporting
- Train and partner with legal administrative assistants on CLE policies and procedures
- Monitor and communicate changes to CLE rules and regulations in relevant states
- Support attorney professional development and performance management activities
- Partner with HR Manager and PGL to assess attorney development needs and to facilitate learning opportunities
- Effectively utilize performance management technology to facilitate gathering of attorney feedback
- Facilitate year-end performance management and compensation process; partner with HR Manager and Accounting to evaluate attorney production; coordinate communication of attorney compensation changes
- Maintain content on the intranet pertaining to CLE and attorney professional development
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of CLE procedures and requirements.
- Prior law firm experience strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications. Experience in working with online/digital platforms. Experience with the following is helpful: Micron CE Manager, viGlobal.
- Excellent time management, organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work in a dynamic fast paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a cooperative manner to accomplish work and participate in team efforts to complete projects and resolve problems.
Please send resume to email@example.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
OUR CURRENT COVID-19 PRECAUTION(S)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Significant work from home support