|Our current COVID-19 precaution(s):|
The Accounts Payable Specialist position will review supporting documents and process assigned invoices for payment in an accurate and timely manner. This position will also perform clerical or administrative duties associated with accounts payable as required. The AP Specialist requires a reliable and task-oriented professional with excellent attention to details skills. This position will report to the Accounting Manager.
- Performs processing and issuing of checks for all locations
- Initiate Wire/ACH payments for all locations
- Compile and store copies of vouchers, invoices and correspondence
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation, coding and approval prior to payment
- Prepare all monthly, quarterly and annual use tax filings
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Monitors, troubleshoots and responds to internal and external inquiries regarding accounts payable –invoices and payments
- Review, approve and process Chrome River employee expense reimbursements and firm related invoices
- Monitor Positive Pay daily for possible fraud
- Assist with monthly collection of purchase card receipts and corresponding voucher
- Enter and verify client costs in Elite Enterprise
- Create and maintain vendor records to ensure accurate contact and remittance information is kept current – including updating W9’s and 1099’s
- Assist with month and year end close procedures
- Continually plans and searches for process improvements and increased efficiency
- Exercise initiative or, as directed, perform additional duties to meet the needs of the firm
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 3-5 years of experience processing accounts payable required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Elite Enterprise experience preferred
- Ability to appropriately maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Ability to produce extremely accurate work with efficiency
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business demands while remaining calm under pressure
- Position is generally sedentary in nature; involves sitting most of the time, but may involve the need for inter-office mobility for brief periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift up to 10 – 20 lbs. of boxes or files required.
- Ability to efficiently communicate.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required.
- Ability to see and read PC screens, detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print.
Please send resume to email@example.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.