The Accounting Generalist position is a non-exempt, full-time position in our Kansas City office. The successful candidate will possess strong relationship management skills, excellent attention to detail and follow through, and outstanding work ethic working with partners within the firm, firm clients, and team members.
- Responsible for monitoring the centralized accounting department Help Desk.
- Trust accounting postings via Elite Enterprise involving cash receipts and cash disbursements transactions.
- Research prior history Trust activity for resolutions.
- Backup Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable.
- Backup accounting and finance leadership team with ad-hoc projects and requests.
- Backup collections regarding client aged Accounts Receivable.
- Assist accounting team with other tasks as needed including filing and administrative support.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Minimum of 3 years of general accounting experience required.
- Experience of at least 5 years of AP, cash receipts, and collections experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, are required.
- Prior law firm industry experience preferred.
- Experience with Elite Enterprise Time and Billing system and/or Aderant Expert preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and proactively within an open team environment.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently and to meet deadlines.
- Position is generally sedentary in nature; involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift up to 10 lbs. required.
- Ability to talk and hear required.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk required.
- Ability to reach, lift, climb, balance, stoop, and crouch required.
- Ability to see and read PC screens; detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print.
Please send resume to email@example.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.