Spencer Fane attorney Sean McKenna recently presented as part of a panel for the Practicing Law Institute (PLI) discussing False Claims Act (FCA) cases amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
In this prerecorded webinar, the panel focuses on anti-fraud statutes that are likely to be implicated by the government’s increased enforcement efforts, providing an overview the issues surrounding the FCA, including:
- An overview of the FCA and the funds available to health care providers dealing with COVID-19
- Types of FCA cases that may be brought by the government in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic
- “False certification” theory of FCA liability, which may be particularly relevant for entities receiving federal funds under the CARES Act and PPP/HCE Act
- Types of entities and health care plans that may be subject to additional government scrutiny, including nursing homes and Medicare Advantage plans
- Best practices for entities receiving federal funds to avoid FCA liability
Format: Pre-Recorded Webinar
Program Fee: $129
To register, please click here.