Spencer Fane attorneys Greg Ash and Julia Vander Weele will present an upcoming webinar on the impact of the U.S. Supreme Court’s recent decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Org on benefit plan sponsors.
In a year already marked by overwhelming legislative and regulatory change, sponsors of group health plans now must address yet another issue: abortion coverage in the wake of the U.S. Supreme Court’s recent decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Org. The Dobbs decision – and the actions of state legislatures in reaction to it – will have significant repercussions for benefit plan sponsors. From the more obvious issues, such as whether and how group health plans may provide coverage for abortion services, to the more opaque, such as whether employers may provide excludable reimbursements for abortion-related travel expenses, employers soon will have to make some challenging decisions.
Join the Employee Benefits Group team for a 90-minute webinar to learn about:
- Plan design choices for self-funded group health plans;
- Options for employers with fully-insured plans;
- Potential liability for employers and plan fiduciaries under state laws;
- How Dobbs affects mid-year election changes under cafeteria plans and FSAs;
- The tax consequences of offering travel benefits for abortion-related services; and
- Action steps to consider immediately.
Date/Time: Thursday, August 4, 2022 | 1:00 to 2:30pm CT
To register, please click here.