123rd Annual Conference of the Colorado Mining Association
Spencer Fane attorney John Watson will be speaking at the 2021 Annual Conference of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration held in conjunction with the 123rd Western Mining Conference sponsored by the Colorado Mining Association.
John will discuss the new regulatory regime for surface and ground water in the United States, including recent confusion and turmoil caused by conflicting government guidance.
John’s presentation will cover:
- History of the Clean Water Act (CWA)
- The Supreme Court’s Rapanos decision
- New federal regulations defining Waters of the U.S. (WOTUS)
- Pending Court Challenges to the WOTUS rules
- Explanation of the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in County of Maui, Hawaii v. Hawaii Wildlife Fund et al which extends federal clean water regulation to ground water
Date/Time: March 1-5, 2021 | 8:30am-4:00pm (MT)
Cost: $65-$675 (varies based on registration type)
To register, click here.