Zach represents companies, creditors, receivers, trustees, indenture trustees, unsecured creditor committees, and other constituencies in corporate bankruptcy, restructuring, and non-bankruptcy insolvency matters.
Zach’s bankruptcy, restructuring, and creditors’ rights practice primarily consists of representing clients in negotiations or litigation related to bankruptcy proceedings, commercial receiverships, and loan enforcement.
Zach leverages his experience as a federal law clerk for the Honorable Cynthia A. Norton of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Missouri, and the Honorable Linda R. Reade of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa, to assist clients in assessing risk and designing effective strategies to achieve clients’ desired outcomes.
Zach received his law degree from the University of Iowa College of Law, where he served as a Managing Editor of the Iowa Law Review and was a representative for the Iowa Student Bar Association. Zach received his Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Northern Iowa.
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Notice Jeopardy, Topeka Area Bankruptcy Council CLE (July 2016)
- Eat and Greet Educational Program, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Missouri CLE (April 2016)
- The Intersection of Foreclosure and Bankruptcy, Missouri Creditors Bar CLE (December 2015)
- Witness Examination Tips and Techniques: Direct and Cross Examination of Fact and Expert Witnesses, Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association CLE (November 2015)
- Motions to Extend the Stay: Coming to a Casino – or a Chapter 13 – Somewhere Near You?, The NACTT Academy for Consumer Education (April 10 and 17, 2016)
- Economic Development Strategy: The Creative Capital Theory, 14 MAJOR THEMES IN ECON. 1 (2012)
- Volunteer, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Recipient of the Medal of Excellence from the American Bankruptcy Institute
- Graduate of the Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy, Kansas City, MO, September 2015 – April 2016
Contact Zachary Fairlie at 816.292.8223 or email@example.com.