Wale Akinmoladun provides full-service counsel to individuals, manufacturers, transportation businesses, financial institutions and other clients involved in state and federal litigation. Wale also serves to settle differences by using dispute resolution as a means to anticipate and avoid litigation.
Wale actively engages and collaborates with clients, at the earliest opportunity and throughout the service provided, to understand his client’s needs, desires and objectives. His clients have received favorable results in cases alleging personal injury, property damage, employment retaliation, railroad trackage rights, asbestos exposure, breach of warranty for defective design, materials or workmanship, among other allegations and claims.
While in law school, Wale worked as a research assistant for the late Patrick A. Randolph Jr., who was highly regarded for his expertise in real estate and development, both domestically and abroad. Wale updated the Friedman on Leases treatise by reviewing federal and state cases regarding commercial and residential leases.
Highlights of Wale Akinmoladun’s experience include:
- Second-chaired federal jury trial representing a plaintiff who alleged civil rights violations under 42 U.S.C. § 1983.
- Second-chaired federal jury trial in the successful defense of a national railroad carrier against personal injury and employment retaliation claims; jury verdict in plaintiff’s favor was less than 18 percent of total demand, and verdict was reversed and remanded on appeal.
- Successfully represented two leading railroad companies and a Kansas-based railroad association in proceedings before the Surface Transportation Board (STB) located in Washington, DC.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of a federal wrongful termination employment matter after speaking with plaintiff’s counsel via telephone.
- Successfully defended a major hotel chain in a wrongful death action that alleged a defective balcony by conducting multiple interviews of key managers, employees and witnesses, which resulted in a favorable settlement more than a year before trial.
Spencer Fane Leadership
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Member
Memberships and Civic Involvement
- Kansas City Chamber of Commerce’s Centurions Leadership Program, Fall Class of 2020
- Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Jackson County Bar Association, Social Action Chair
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- Lawyers of Color 2014 Hot List Honoree, Midwest Region
- The Missouri Bar Pro Bono Wall of Fame, 2013-2015, 2017
- Case Note, Video Software Dealers Ass’n v. Schwarzenegger, 41 Urb. Law. 597 (2009)
Contact Wale Akinmoladun at 816.292.8231 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to connect with Wale on LinkedIn.