Tim Ahrenhoersterbaeumer represents clients in all types of litigation with an emphasis on commercial matters, insurance coverage and construction law. His experience includes prosecuting and defending contractual and tort claims on behalf of businesses, counseling both insurance carriers and policyholders on coverage disputes and representing both general contractors and subcontractors in litigation involving complex construction projects.
Tim has won trials in various courts in the State of Missouri and has also obtained favorable results in administrative hearings and arbitration. His appellate experience includes successfully arguing before both the Missouri Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit.
Highlights of Tim’s experience includes:
- Lead trial counsel in a false arrest and malicious prosecution case brought by a plaintiff seeking $3 million in damages, and obtained a defense verdict after a five day jury trial in the City of St. Louis.
- Obtained a permanent injunction on behalf of a political subdivision of the State of Missouri after a two-day bench trial in the City of St. Louis.
- Successfully defended an automobile dealership in a two-day trial in St. Louis County against claims brought by a plaintiff for breach of contract and for violations of the Missouri Merchandising Practices Act.
- Successfully defended a contractor in Callaway County, Missouri on a claim for trespass brought by a property owner.
- Successfully argued at the United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit on behalf of an insurance carrier. Heubel Materials Handling Co. v. Universal Underwriters Insurance Co., 704 F.3d 558 (8th Cir. 2013).
- Authored appellate brief on behalf of an insurance carrier whereby summary judgment was affirmed by the United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit. Wolfe Automotive Group, LLC v. Universal Underwriters Insurance Co., 808 F.3d 729 (8th Cir. 2015).
Presentations and Publications
- “Litigating Insurance Coverage Claims: From Start to Finish,” National Business Institute, March 2014
- “Litigating Bad Faith Insurance Claims,” National Business Institute, June 2013
- “Insurance Law 2011,” National Business Institute, June 2011
- “Litigating Insurance Coverage Claims: From Start to Finish,” National Business Institute, February 2011
- “Bad Faith Insurance Claims in Missouri,” National Business Institute, March 2008
- Volunteer Youth Athletic Coach at St. Catherine Laboure Parish
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2014-2018
Contact Tim Ahrenhoersterbaeumer at 314.333.3902 or email@example.com.