Tom Jerry is a business attorney principally focused on real estate issues and the day-to-day legal needs of business entities and their owners.
Tom regularly represents real estate owners, developers and investors with respect to acquisitions, sales, commercial and residential development, public incentives, financing, construction, zoning, easements, restrictive covenants, subdivisions, condominiums, leasing (office, retail, industrial and residential) and like-kind exchanges.
In addition to his real estate work, Tom provides local, regional and national businesses and non-profit organizations with counsel concerning formation, structuring, financing, governance, contracting, acquisitions, sales and secured transactions.
Tom is a lifelong resident of St. Louis and has lived in the near south side of the City since 1979. He is a 1981 graduate of the St. Louis Conservatory of Music. Prior to law school he worked as a professional drummer with a variety of companies and performers in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Highlights of Tom Jerry’s experience include:
- Represented developer of multi-stage regional shopping center (totaling in excess of 800,000 rentable square feet) with respect to all aspects of acquisition, subdivision, construction, leasing to national credit tenants, establishment of OEA and ECR agreements, and, ultimately, staged sale of developed properties to real estate investment trusts.
- Represented bondholder trustee in foreclosure on major convention center hotel property (comprising approximately 1,000 rooms and extensive amenities including multiple ballroom spaces) and subsequent negotiation, structuring and closing of simultaneous sale of subdivided portions of property to two separate hotel redevelopers.
- Represented business division of Fortune 500 manufacturing company in establishing credit, sales and security documentation for pilot program introducing wireless technology products to new markets.
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Illinois Bar
- Missouri Bar
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® – 2013-2021
- In 2006, Mayor Francis Slay appointed Tom to the Board of Commissioners of the St. Louis Housing Authority. He has served as chairman of that organization since 2009.
Contact Tom Jerry at 314.333.3940 or firstname.lastname@example.org.