As a privacy professional, Tom Hayde aids clients in developing comprehensive strategies to address information practices and data breach risks, avoid potential claims and liabilities, and ensure compliance with all relevant legal requirements. Tom also helps clients develop and implement protocols surrounding how to respond when a data breach occurs and defends clients against potential claims and lawsuits regarding data breaches. He has experience defending against and resolving civil claims and enforcement actions under specific information privacy laws, such as FCRA, GLBA, HIPAA and RFPA.
In addition to his privacy and data security practice, as a litigator Tom has successfully represented Fortune 50 and Fortune 250 companies in a wide range of other complex civil litigation matters in state and federal trial and appellate courts. His experience includes product liability and toxic tort defense, complex insurance coverage suits, fiduciary litigation, construction disputes and intra-corporate disputes.
His professional activities include serving as a cooperating pro-bono attorney, and Trustee, to the ACLU of Missouri.
Presentations and Publications
- “Corporations [Can Be Deposed] Too, My Friend” Responding to a Rule 57.03(b)(4) Corporate Representative Deposition Notice, St. Louis Bar Journal, Spring 2014
- Trial counsel in two-week jury trial resulting in complete defense verdict on behalf of Fortune 250 life insurance company against putative beneficiary’s $5 million contract and fiduciary duty claims. Recognized by Missouri Lawyers’ Weekly as one of the “Largest Defense Verdicts” in Missouri in 2012.
- Lead trial counsel in federal court in Illinois for general contractor on multi-million-dollar amusement park project in dispute with subcontractor regarding defective supply and installation of insulated wall paneling, resulting in highly favorable post-trial settlement for general contractor.
- Represents Fortune 50 financial services firm in defense of litigation regarding legacy environmental and toxic tort liabilities.
To view Tom Hayde’s additional experience, please click here.
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- American Bar Association
- ABA Section of Litigation
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Mound City Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- St. Louis Lawyers Association
- 2017-18 Leadership St. Louis® Class
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/US
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, 2009-2017
- Honored by Missouri Lawyers Weekly – Largest Defense Verdict of 2012
- Missouri Lawyers Media Up & Coming Lawyers 2010
Contact Tom Hayde at 314.333.3921 or email@example.com.