Tom Grimshaw received his B.A. from the University of Minnesota in 1953 with a Journalism major and a minor in Political Science. He received his law degree from Northwestern University in 1956 and has practiced in Denver, Colorado since that time. Tom’s legal expertise lies in the areas of local government with an emphasis on infrastructure development, funding and construction, as well as in the area of land development with an emphasis on land use, planning and zoning.
A former member of the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education, Tom served two terms in the Colorado General Assembly as a State Representative, and during that time sponsored the Colorado Housing Act. He has served extensively as a consultant to local governments on infrastructure development and to land developers and homebuilders on land use, planning and zoning issues. He was one of only a few business leaders who shared their collective visions over 25 years ago in an effort to tackle Denver’s transportation needs, and he helped guide the newly completed and well-executed T-REX project. Tom remains involved to this day.
Heavily involved in the community, Tom has chaired the Denver Partnership, the Colorado Housing Finance Authority, Business for Better Government, the Colorado Council on Economic Education, Brothers Redevelopment Inc., Exempla Inc., Swallow Hill Music Association and the Colorado Community College System Foundation. He has served on the board of Sturm Financial Corp. and is a life member of the Uniform Law Conference. In 2008 he was named one of Colorado’s top Real Estate Individuals in Zoning and Land Use, by the UK based Chambers & Partners.
- National Conference of Commissioners, Uniform State Laws, 1987-present
- Board of Directors, Colorado Community College Systems Foundation, 1987-2008
- Board of Trustees: Central Baptist Theological Seminary, 1978-1989; 1995-2006
- Board of Directors: Colorado Housing Finance Authority, 1986-1997
- Board of Directors: Denver Partnership, Chairman 1990
- Colorado Bar Association: Board of Governors, Member 1969-1970
- Chairman, Public Relations Committee, 1970-1971
- Senior Vice President, 1971-1972
- Chairman, Legislative Committee, 1972-1977
- Bar-Press Compact Committee, 1974-1989
- Jefferson County Housing Authority, 1983-1988
- Board of Directors: State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education, 1979-1986
- Commissioner: Lakewood Housing Authority, 1977-1983
- Board of Directors: Colorado Housing Board, Chairman 1970-1974
- Colorado State Representative, 1967-1970
- Denver Bar Association, Chairman, Public Relations Committee, 1969-1970
- American Bar Association
- Sturm Financial Corp, Board Member
- Uniform Law Conference, Life Member
Contact Tom Grimshaw at 303.839.3718 or firstname.lastname@example.org.