Tom George counsels municipal and local governmental entities throughout the state of Colorado in all aspects of formation, operation, and dissolution.
Tom helps existing special districts such as metropolitan districts, water and sanitation districts, parks and recreation districts, business improvement districts, fire districts, and other governmental authorities with day-to-day operations, elections, public finance, and statutory compliance so they can build and maintain public improvements and provide efficient services to property owners and constituents.
Tom also counsels developers in the creation of taxing districts to allow the utilization of tax revenue and municipal debt to finance public improvements and provide services to support residential, commercial, and mixed use developments.
Prior to joining the firm, Tom served as an Assistant Attorney General in the Natural Resources and Environment Section of the Colorado Attorney General’s Office. As a member of the Water Resources, and Federal and Interstate Water Units, Tom represented the state of Colorado in water rights litigation, water conservation projects, and environmental issues across Colorado and throughout the Colorado River Basin. Tom utilizes his background working with government at the local, state, and federal levels, as well as his substantive knowledge of water and environmental litigation and policy, to counsel clients and craft creative solutions to complicated problems.
Highlights of Tom George’s experience include:
- Organized and represented special districts throughout Colorado ranging from small housing developments to large intergovernmental authorities.
- Facilitated the acquisition of easements and service agreements for the transfer of water and sanitation services from dissolving water district.
- Represented the state of Colorado in connection with the Department of the Interior’s ongoing NEPA process for the Glen Canyon Dam Long-Term Experimental and Management Plan Environmental Impact Statement.
- Board Member, Jefferson County Community Development Advisory Board
- Board Member, Boettcher Scholar Alumni Board
- Board Member, University of Colorado at Boulder Alumni Association Board of Directors
- YMCA Youth Basketball Coach
- Boettcher Foundation, Boettcher Scholar (2001)
- University of Colorado Presidents Leadership Class Scholar (2001)
- Downtown Denver Partnership’s Leadership Program (Participant, 2010)
Contact Tom George at 303.839.3708 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to connect with Tom on LinkedIn.