Stu Pack is an experienced complex civil litigator. He has extensive litigation experience in state and federal district courts in a broad range of areas including commercial, real estate, municipal, business, professional negligence, insurance, product liability, probate and trust, personal injury, and tort litigation.
Bringing a visual and performing arts background to his practice of law, coupled with mastery of the spoken word and persuasive arguments, he holds the attention of juries and becomes the guide who leads them through the complexity of a case. In this manner, Stu helps everyone understand and believe in his clients’ cases, which in turns helps him win the confidence of judges and juries, and helps him win cases.
With a passion for justice and equality, Stu is also an advocate for First Amendment rights, including women’s reproductive rights at health clinics. When appropriate, he has taken cases for those who have been wronged and need legal assistance but are unable to afford an attorney.
He lives in Denver with Robin, his wife of 39 years. Robin is an accountant specializing in election campaign finance reporting and long term care insurance. They have two adult daughters. Stu’s interests include: theater: acting and singing, photography, movies, travel and golf.
Highlights of Stu Pack’s experience include:
- Won the largest Montana verdict ever in a legal and accounting malpractice case.
- Defeated a bankruptcy reorganization plan on behalf of a municipality.
- Represented a young boy who suffered injury as result of medical malpractice in a U.S. Army medical facility (securing an act of Congress to get funding for the boy’s brain injury)
- Obtained the largest personal injury verdict ever in the Province of Quebec, Canada.
- Represented a life insurance carrier in a contract murder case that led him to the underbelly of the New York mob.
Publications and Presentations
- “Structured Settlements – To Structure or Not to Structure: What are the Questions?”
- “Proper Charting: Preventative Medicine for Malpractice Suits”
- “Malpractice Pitfalls in Critical Care Nursing”
- “Legal Writing: The Art of Making Art”
- In re Mt. Carbon Metro District, 242 Bankruptcy Reporter 18 (Colo. 1999)
- Billings Clinic v. Peat Marwick Main & Co., et al, 797 P.2d 899 (Mont. 1990)
- Coale v. Dow Chemical Co., 701 P.2d 885 (Colo. App. 1985)
- McClanahan v. Amer. Gilsonite Co., 494 F.Supp 1334 (D. Colo. 1980)
- Colorado and Denver Bar Associations
- Texas Bar Association
- Former Member of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Board Chair of the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) Mountain States Region
- ADL National Commissioner
- ADL Chairman: Civil Rights, Young Leadership, Task Force on Cults, Governmental Relations, Society of Fellows Campaign
- Trustee’s Council and Regional Alumni Director of University of Rochester
- Theatre Associates Group of the Denver Center for the Performing Arts, Board of Directors
- Instructor in University of Colorado Law School Trial Advocacy Program
- Selected for inclusion in Colorado Super Lawyers®, 2007-2017
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2012-2018
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated Lawyer status for more than 30 years
Contact Stu Pack at 303.839.3825 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to connect with Stu on LinkedIn.