Stephen A. Weinstein knows how important employee benefits are when it comes to attracting and retaining good employees. He leverages his expertise in this area to make sure that these benefit programs actually do what they are designed to do—contribute to the long-term success of the client and its employees.
Many federal regulations complicate how companies can design and implement employee benefit programs, such as the Internal Revenue Code, ERISA and the Taft-Hartley Act. Drawing on four decades of experience, Stephen helps clients and fiduciaries navigate the regulatory environment, and he advises them on a range of legal matters that affect employee benefit plans:
- retirement benefits
- employee stock ownership plans
- termination and withdrawal liability matters
- review and negotiation of contracts with consultants and investment managers
- litigation against the plan and its fiduciaries under ERISA
Stephen’s expertise also encompasses corporate law with an emphasis on the selection of a business entity’s structure, mergers, acquisitions, sales of businesses and real estate. His advanced training in taxation allows him to guide clients on strategies to minimize taxes as well, such as foundations, 501(c)(3) organizations, self-funded insurance programs and other tax-exempt corporate structures.
Highlights of Stephen’s experience include:
- Representing boards of large self-funded multiple employer welfare arrangements
- Over the many years of practice, has represented many business entities in mergers and acquisitions
- Experience in representing governmental retirement and disability plans
- American Jewish Committee
- Greater Denver Tax Council
- Jewish Family and Children’s Services
- Denver Advisory Board
- Anti-Defamation League
- Denver Ballpark Development Committee
- Lower Downtown District, Inc.
- Dental Lifeline Network (f/k/a National/Colorado Foundation of Dentistry for the Handicapped)
- Temple Sinai
- Cherry Hills III Homeowners Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2022
- Honorary Membership in American Dental Association (1994)
- Anti-Defamation League Chairmans Award (1996)
- Associate of the Year, Colorado Contractors Association (2005)
Contact Stephen Weinstein at 303.592.8304 or email@example.com.