- Assisted numerous national and international companies with assessing their cyber risk and developing, implementing, and maturing cyber risk management programs.
- Assisted numerous national and international companies with evaluating and procuring appropriate cyber risk insurance coverage.
- Served as subject matter consulting expert to multiple law firms on cases involving claims under the federal Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, Texas Harmful Access to Computers Act, Texas Breach of Computer Security Act, and federal and state Wiretap and Stored Communications Acts.
- Served as incident response guide and lead crisis manager for numerous companies and healthcare organizations for ransomware attacks, successfully obtaining decryption and restoration of networks and data and assisting clients in obtaining evidence needed for risk assessments finding incidents as non-reportable events.
- Served as breach guide for multiple national and international companies responding to a data breaches spanning multiple countries and all US jurisdictions that were timely and effective, resulting in no fines or penalties by regulators and no claims by data subjects.
- Served as litigation counsel for multiple companies following data breach reporting and notification and successfully resolving claims by data subjects without payment or media attention.
- Served as incident response guide and lead crisis manager for numerous companies and healthcare organizations leading internal investigations and obtaining evidence needed for risk assessments finding incidents as non-reportable events.
- Served as counsel for numerous companies and healthcare organizations responding to investigations by federal and state regulators resulting in no fines or penalties and no payments to data subjects.
- Obtained complete dismissal of Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, Wiretap Act, and Stored Communications Act lawsuit against celebrity client within three months from filing of lawsuit.
- Obtained seven-figure judgment for client on Computer Fraud and Abuse Act claim on successful motion for summary judgment.
- Hired by law firm to prepare response to motion seeking dismissal of its client’s Computer Fraud and Abuse Act claim that resulted in court’s denial of motion against client.
- Hired by law firm to prepare Computer Fraud and Abuse Act claim in parallel proceeding, ultimately resulting in a favorable settlement for law firm’s client.
- Successfully obtained injunctive relief under Computer Fraud and Abuse Act against employee who had taken employer’s data for use in a competing business.
- Within six hours of being hired, obtained complete capitulation by defendant who had misused computer access to misappropriate highly confidential and proprietary trade secrets source code for internationally recognizable technology company’s service and threatened public disclosure.
- Within three days of being hired, obtained complete capitulation by defendant who had misused computer access to misappropriate company’s confidential data to use in a competing business.
- Obtained complete dismissal of seven-figure trade secrets lawsuit against client for $0.
- Successfully defended against injunctive actions in eight-figure trade secrets, patent, copyright, and trade mark litigation against clients.
- Successfully obtained favorable confidential settlement for client of patent inventorship lawsuit.
- Successfully defended clients against claims for damages and injunctive relief for misappropriation of trade secrets resulting in confidential settlement requiring no payment by clients.
- Obtained confidential settlement of client’s copyright claims that resulted payment that more than doubled client’s actual damages.