With over 20 years of experience as a litigator, Shannon Davies focuses on complex litigation. She helps clients successfully resolve disputes that others may deem difficult to quantify, challenging to explain, or too complicated to tackle. She is adept at uncovering every facet of a case, developing a detailed tactical plan, and crafting a story that will achieve results. Her practice covers a broad expanse of matters including business litigation, civil litigation, constitutional law, labor and employment law, securities litigation, environmental litigation, intellectual property litigation and collective and class actions.
In addition, Shannon consults with corporate clients in virtually all areas of employment law, including non-compete agreements, the Fair Labor Standards Act, civil rights litigation, OSHA compliance and litigation in state and federal court, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission issues, and employment contract disputes. She also works closely with businesses to negotiate and draft complex business contracts.
Shannon is a former Commissioner on the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission, a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, a member of the Labor and Employment Law Section of the American Bar Association, and a member of the Business and Corporate Law Section of the Oklahoma Bar Association.
Highlights of Shannon Davies’ experience include:
- Lead counsel in successfully prosecuting insurance bad faith claim on behalf of business developer, resulting in one of the largest jury verdicts in Oklahoma County in the past ten years.
- Lead counsel in a wrongful death suit, gaining the largest jury verdict in the Western district in the state of Oklahoma.
- Represented a large multi-state business in successfully maintaining a non-union workforce.
Publications and Presentations
- Labor and Employment Law Section of the American Bar Association
- Business and Corporate Law Section of the Oklahoma Bar Association
- Litigation Section, Labor and Employment Law Section, Women in Law Section and Law Practice Management Section of the American Bar Association
- Former member of the Employment Management Association, a Professional emphasis group of the Society for Human Resource Management
- Formerly active in the Oklahoma Society of Human Resource Managers
- Board of Directors of the Edmond Chamber of Commerce and served as Chairman of the Board of the Edmond Chamber
- Served as co-creator and also co-chair of the Edmond Chamber of Commerce’s Task Force on Women in Business creating a network of women business owners
- Former Chairman of the Edmond Chamber’s Finance Committee
- Former Trustee of the UCO Foundation
- Former member of the Executive Women’s Forum International
- Served on the Children and the Law Committee of the OBA Young Lawyers Division and the OBA Women in Law Committee
- Served on the Board of Directors for the Terry Neese Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence and the Center for Excellence
- Served on the Board of Citizens for Edmond, Inc.
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2022
- Former Commissioner on the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, a trial lawyer honorary society
- Graduate of Leadership Edmond and served as Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Leadership Edmond Alumni Association
- Oklahoma Super Lawyer, 2006-2019
- Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated Lawyer
Contact Shannon Davies at 405.844.9900 or email@example.com.